Bike Touring Highlight
Around 1968/69 gravel and sand were mined in the lake area. There are also indications that already in 1959 limited gravel removal took place.
In the course of the gravel quarrying `the oaks standing there were felled.
Under the direction of Förster Nieberg drove u. a. also Schwüblingser farmers gravel on their dirt roads, but the largest part was used for the attachment of forest roads, which were then expanded with mineral mixture to the present state.
The roads should have previously been groundless and not passable with heavy vehicles. The water of the lake is groundwater and did not give rise to the lake until after 1969.
The former government president then prohibited the further gravel mining and demanded the renaturation of the site. Förster Nieberg then provided for the planting around the "water hole" and set up a refuge.
From email@example.com on myheimat.de