Bike Touring Highlight
The building of the Rhine Tower immediately adjoins the Customs House and the Chapel of the Holy Trinity. The mighty Rhine Tower also served as a toll tower. There and in the adjacent customs house the customs was taken and managed. The customs house was over 400 years owned by the Cologne cathedral chapter. From March 1855 it was a Franciscan monastery and later it was inhabited by Vincentine nuns. The adjoining Chapel of the Holy Trinity was also built in 1860 by Franciscans. The chapel was accessible from the customs house / monastery over the gate overhang weather independent.