Hiking Highlight (Segment)
At Pützchen eats an information board, which reads:
The Pützchen is an ancient prayer and Marian pilgrimage site. According to tradition, St. Lambertus was baptized in the 7th century on a spring that still exists today. The source is considered "Willibrodusquelle" and because of the healing water the Pützchen became a much visited pilgrimage site.
Age and origin of a picture of the glory of the painful mother are unknown. A first pilgrimage is occupied in 1718, a first stone prayer house was built in 1795. Around 1850, the well (Pütz) was enclosed and a chapel was built over it, which was extended in 1933.