Bike Touring Highlight
It is a former castle, first mentioned in 1363. The present-day facility with bailey and a manor house surrounded by moats dates from 1758 to 1760. The name of the castle is derived from an old hall designation, inghoven = Hellinghoven, the yard in the slipway.In 1425, the ownership was first mentioned in documents, Heiligenhoven was owned by Johann van Eyckelinckhoyven, called de Wrede, Rittmeister. In 1461 Aillff von Eyckelynckhoyven, called de Wrede, acquired Gut Ober-Heiligenhoven. In 1573 it changed again the owner, it went to the married couple Wilhelm von Steinrod. It remained until 1663 in the possession of this family, then it was transferred on June 2, 1663 to the cousin of the family, Adolf Schenck of Niddegen. He died of the plague in 1666, his grave stone is embedded in the masonry of Lindlar St. Severinus parish church.In 1748, Johann Joseph Reichsritter von Brück, mayor of the Steinbach Office, acquired the estate.