On the heights of the Thuringian Forest rises in about 800m NN south of the donkey mountain near Masserberg / Fehrenbach one of the main source rivers of the Weser: the Werra. By the end of the first millennium, the two rivers were not distinguished by name. Wesera, Wisara and Wisura were the Old High German names. Mostly also - "aha" (for running water) was attached to the label. Later, from Uiserra via Viseraha, the Werraha, New High German abbreviated Werra, developed.For decades one argues over the actual source of the Werra. Not far from the Bleßberg at Siegmundsburg, at the junction of the Thuringian Forest to the Thuringian Slate Mountains, the second branch of the Werra springs. Locals speak of the "real" and the "wrong" source of Werra. Even today, many a battle between Fehrenbachern and Siegmundsburgern is performed. Several investigations and opinions were commissioned due to the disputes. However, these could not bring about a clear clarification. For these reasons, the length of the Werra in various reference books is also given as 298 or 292 kilometers.Busy, however, are the source versions. The source on Zeupelsberg near Fehrenbach was taken in 1897 by master forester Georg Schröder from Heubach and master mason Elias Traut from Fehrenbach. The building made of natural stones adorns a lion's head, from whose mouth the water flows. On August 14, 1898, the well known as Schroeder source version was solemnly inaugurated with a forest festival. Only 12 years later, the source was taken at Siegmundsburg. Both arms finally unite at Sachsenbrunn.