Route Planner
14

Schloss Neunhof (ehemaliger Herrensitz)

Hiking Highlight (Segment)

Created by komoot users
Recommended by 19 out of 19 hikers

Tips

  • Marcus

    Neunhof Palace is a former manor house on the southern edge of the village of the same name, Neunhof, which is now a district of Nuremberg.The former castle with the surrounding baroque park has been preserved (reconstructed in 1964 and 1978/79). It is still privately owned, but since 1959 it has been a branch of the German National Museum (hunting collection). The ground floor with the kitchen, the first and second floors and the outbuildings of the horse stable are accessible to the public.The castle has been closed since 2013 due to renovation work.historyToday's facility is the former manor house of the Nuremberg patrician family Kreß (later Kreß von Kressenstein), which was preceded by a manor house first mentioned in 1246. In the First Margrave War in 1449 this was badly affected. The building was then rebuilt, following the building type of the Nuremberg pond, with massive basement and upper floors made of half-timbered buildings, and provided with a moat. The truss is dated to 1479 using dendrochronological methods, a gable bears the year "1508".With a symmetrical park, the aristocratic estate was transformed into a hunting lodge in the 18th century. The small chapel from the Baroque period is preserved on the second floor.Source: Wikipedia

    translated byView Original
  • Distance317 yd
  • Uphill0 ft
  • Downhill50 ft