St. Hermann Kirwa in Bischofsmais
Hardly a day of the year is as busy in Bischofsmais as on the 10th of August. The first of two St. Hermann church consecrations attracts traders, visitors and pilgrims alike. On these big days of pilgrimage many visitors come from near and far.
In the years 1322/1323, the hermit Hermann, born in Heidelberg, built a quarter of an hour from Bischofsmais, a cell or a cell in honor of St. Hermann Josef. The lay brother Hermann led here a strict life of renunciation, penance and contemplation. After his departure in 1323 to Frauenau chapel and cell remained a local place of pilgrimage. In the 16th century, it also gained supraregional importance.