Road Cycling Highlight
The Hermitage Solitude is idyllically located in the former ducal hunting grounds west of Stuttgart. The castle is considered the most sophisticated creation of Duke Carl Eugen of Württemberg and was one of the largest construction companies of its time.Today Solitude impresses with great architecture, a spacious garden and a magnificent view towards Ludwigsburg. Through the northern gate, the course of the Solitude-All can be marveled at - a direct connection axis from the Residenzschloss Ludwigsburg to the duke's favorite hunt lock, which was used by the Württembergische Landesvermessung from 1820 as a baseline.
Schloss Solitude was built between 1763 and 1769 by Johann Friedrich Weyhing and Philippe de La Guêpière as a hunting and representation palace under Duke Carl Eugen von Württemberg. In 1858 the Solitude became part of the community Gerlingen. Wikipedia
Address: Solitude 1, 70197 Stuttgart
Opening Hours: Open today · 10: 00-12: 00, 13: 30-17: 00
Telephone: 0711 696699
Architect: Philippe de La Guêpière