The chapel was built in 1697 on the northern island shore. Designed by Giulio Zuccalli, painting cycle by Joseph Eder (1700). herrenchiemsee.de/deutsch/a_schloss/sakral.htm
Nice place to stay on the lakeshore. It is quiet and yet always something going on, because the whole steamship fleet from Prien to the islands passes here. And here is the "cargo port" over which equipment and vehicles are brought to the Herreninsel.