The Nibelung tower
Between 1897 and 1900, a permanent bridge over the Rhine was built at Worms for the first time. It was inaugurated on March 26, 1900 in the presence of the Grand Duke Ernst Ludwig of Hesse and the Rhine and since then has carried the name Ernst Ludwig Bridge.
As a special ornament she received on both sides a roadway superstructure in tower form. The plans came from Karl Hoffmann.
During World War II, FLAKs were installed on the two stair towers. In March 1945, the bridge was blown up. The damaged bridge tower on the Rhine side of the Rhine was demolished, and the steel structure of the Rhine-spanning arches was replaced by the first prestressed concrete bridge in Germany erected in the free extension. At the inauguration in 1953, she received the new name "Nibelungen Bridge".
The Nibelung tower has a total height of 53m. The Rheingütestation was established a few years ago in the three basement floors and on the observation deck of the staircase arcade. The old ticket booths at the road level gave way to the breakthroughs for pedestrian and bicycle paths after the war. Directly above the passage were on two floors of serviced apartments for the bridge guard, later also the two upper massif days were expanded. Above it rise three more attic floors under the imposing slate helmet. Above the road there are thus eight floors of which five are used.
The Nibelungenturm is a self-catering house and can be rented. However, it may only be leased to non-profit organizations, e.g. in clubs, associations, schools, parishes or scientific institutions, but not for private parties or to individuals.
The Eicher See (also called "Rheinhessisches Meer" or "Rheinhessen's bathtub") is located on the northeastern edge of the Rheinhessen local municipality Eich large quarry lake with access to the Rhine. With its eastern and northeastern shore, it borders the municipality of Hamm am Rhein. It is mostly remodeled from a weekend home area and has a marina where larger yachts can dock.de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eicher_See