It is a brick, neo-Gothic building erected in the years 1893-1900 during the time of parish priest Wojciech Górecki, consecrated in 1901. The main altar houses a statue of St. Adalbert, the patron saint of the church and the parish. The altars of the two side chapels house statues of St. Joseph and St. Anthony. The two altars in the side naves house paintings of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Blessed Virgin Mary of Częstochowa, made in the Częstochowa studio of E. Jędrzejczyk. The altars were funded by the Kwilecki family. The presbytery houses a polychrome made by an unknown artist; in the nave, chapels and lodge the polychrome was made by Zofia Baudouin de Courtenay. In the years 1974-1975 the polychrome was renovated. Recently, stained glass windows were installed, the work of Toruń artists Władysław and Wojciech Kozioł.