The first information about the village of Pomietów comes from 1417, although archaeological materials and field names indicate its earlier origin. It is believed that the first church building could have been erected together with the location of the village at the beginning of the 15th century. On the other hand, the founding of the present church in Pomietowo (which is in ruins) is defined at the end of the 15th century and is associated with the date of February 5, 1491, when Marek Markel became the parish priest after the resignation of Tomasz Teskendorp. The construction of the former bell tower dates back to the 17th century.
After the war, the church building was in a fairly good condition. However, he fell victim to the communist system. At the beginning of the 1950s, a demolition brigade came to pick him up, which traveled around Pomerania and dismantled churches. The remaining structural elements gradually deteriorated further, until they were completely ruined. The church has not yet been rebuilt.