The Torre di Vialante, better known as Torre di Montebello, is located in the Contrada di Montebello, about 12 km from the town of Montenero di Bisaccia. Given its position, a short distance from the sea and on the right side of the Trigno River, the tower had a function of defense and control of the entire Molise coast. In fact, it was in connection with the coastal towers of Termoli and Petacciato and together they better watched the coast from Turkish attacks.
The Montebello Tower was built over the ruins of the old Montenero Castle, with the aim of defending and raising the alarm during the long period of Saracen raids. It is assumed that it was built by the Normans, restored by Frederick II and completely rebuilt in the 16th century, under the rule of Charles V. The tower has a square plan with an access stairway and battlements and corbels that surround the upper frame. Its architectural form is found in numerous Apulian towers. It is divided into three levels: the first two covered by barrel vaults and connected internally by a sandstone spiral staircase, the other is a terrace with a vault crowned with battlements. In order to access the tower, there is a flight of stairs that leads to the entrance door, above which stood the coat of arms of the Battiloro family until 1953. On the main wall there are evident traces of a drawbridge, probably in place of the 'current external staircase. The wall surfaces are almost completely compact: they have four rectangular windows with semi-archs, outlined by strongly splayed terracotta bricks and distributed one on each side at different levels of height, a single lancet window opening to the north-west and two doors respectively on the north sides -west and southeast.