SEO Editor - Outdoor Guides (Freelance)
Millions of people experience real-life adventures with our apps. We help people all over the world discover the best hiking and biking routes, empowering our users to explore more of the great outdoors. And we’re good at it: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times — and, with 11 million users and over 100,000 five-star reviews, komoot is becoming the most popular cycling and hiking app worldwide. Great content is the backbone of komoot with a huge repository of route recommendations and outdoor tips; hand-curated information on the best hiking and cycling destinations worldwide. To help establish ourselves as the world’s best outdoor guide, we’re looking for additional editors to join our team on a freelance basis.
Ready for your next adventure?
Whoops, Looks Like This Position Is No Longer Open!
What you will do
- Write unique, inspiring content for our hiking, mountain biking or cycling guides (e.g. https://www.komoot.com/guide/504665).
- Describe the most important aspects of a region such as its landscape, history, top attractions or infrastructure for hikers and cyclists.
- Research thoroughly until you know every region you’re writing about like the back of your hand.
- Write copy that’s easily understandable, SEO optimized and adheres to komoot's writing style.
Why you will love it
- Utilize all of your greatest passions: The outdoors, researching and writing.
- Your descriptions will inspire millions of people, both new and seasoned hikers and cyclists, and they’ll tangibly help our English-speaking audience across the world.
- We encourage you to work from wherever you want, be that on a beach, in the mountains, or from home.
- Take the lead in a project that offers creativity, a great amount of flexibility and fair compensation.
You will be successful in this position if you
- You are a passionate and knowledgeable hiker and/or cyclist.
- You have some experience as an online editor/journalist or as a part of your own blog, ideally focusing on the outdoors.
- You can write snappy and grammatically flawless English copy.
- You don’t leave any stone unturned in your research and can follow a briefing down to the last detail.
- You are able to write a minimum of 3000 words per week.
Sound like you?
We want to hear from you! Please send us the following:
- Your CV in English
- Something that best demonstrates your passion for the outdoors, be it a snippet from your blog, YouTube or Instagram account
- Relevant examples from your portfolio as an (outdoor) editor
- Your completed challenge: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pc_4D6eYhfvqtJaIEd9Rt_f2ZdgRziAhWbNSSNHBdmc/edit
Change the Way People Explore
Everybody at komoot is working towards this vision and we design our company to put as little as possible between you and bringing this vision to life.
Create With Purpose
Today, millions of people explore nature with our apps. Their experiences are what drives us and makes us smile everyday.
Work Wherever You Thrive
Our headquarter is located in Potsdam at a lake, but our team works all over Europe. Bavarian mountains? Canary Islands? A little house at a lake? Booming Berlin?
Work With People You Actually Want To Work WithWorking At Komoot