Senior iOS Developer
Find, plan, and share adventures with komoot. Driven by a desire to explore, and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, it’s komoot’s mission to inspire great adventures making them accessible to all. And we’re good at what we do: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times! Today, with over 17 million users and 100,000 five-star reviews, komoot is well on its way to becoming the most popular cycling and hiking app for people who love adventures worldwide.
About the role
You’ll team up with four world class iOS engineers and take over full responsibility for our iOS app. Touching all parts of the iOS app, your work will make outdoor adventures easily accessible to our users. You’ll develop diverse features for navigation, routing, social interaction and content visualization that will make your work challenging and fun.
At komoot we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone... and welcome all prospective applicants.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Develop innovative new features from the first idea and concept over to road map planning, implementation, testing, release and monitoring.
- Work in one of our cross-functional squads of backend, web and mobile developers, designers, copywriters, QA, data scientists, and product experts.
- Team up with Matthias, Barbara, Marco and Florent to build a state of the art iOS app with more than 5 million installations.
- Release frequently with continuous builds, testing and direct team feedback.
Why you will love it
- You’ll work with a truly inspiring product that brings real life value to our users and empowers them to explore more of the great outdoors.
- We offer challenging tasks, such as turn-by-turn navigation, maps, on-/offline hybrids, data synchronization and nearly everything the iOS platform offers.
- We believe good ideas and commitment count more than titles.
- Your expert knowledge will make you a key player amongst a team of highly motivated, talented people.
- This is a remote role and you are free to work from anywhere that lies between the time zones UTC-1 and UTC+3. Beach? The mountains? Or a co- working space (covered by us)?
- You’ll have a self-determined job with personal responsibility to move things forward, shape the processes and choose the tools you need to do your best work.
- You’ll join an international and fully remote team spread across all of Europe with a common mission - to inspire great adventures, making them accessible to all.
- You’ll travel with us (when safe) for team gatherings in amazing locations several times a year. You can check out this playlist to find out more about how we stay close while being remote. (http://bit.ly/39xtIrn)
You will be successful in this position if you
- Are highly self-driven, responsible and keen to learn and improve.
- Love to develop awesome products with a focus on great user experiences.
- Have 4+ years of professional experience with developing high quality production iOS apps.
- Have 3+ years of professional experience in Swift development.
- Love to work fullstack on native iOS apps.
- Have a deep and up to date knowledge of iOS design principles and patterns, the core iOS frameworks and technologies.
- Write code that's readable, well documented and meaningfully tested.
- Are a great team player and communicator in a diverse and international remote team.
Sound like you?
We want to hear from you! Please send us the following:
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience.
- A covering letter explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot.
- Examples of your work (e.g. apps, GitHub, your private projects, etc.)
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account, or your OpenStreetMap profile if you have one.
Change the Way People Explore
Everybody at komoot is working towards this vision and we design our company to put as little as possible between you and bringing this vision to life.
Create With Purpose
Today, millions of people explore nature with our apps. Their experiences are what drives us and makes us smile everyday.
Work Wherever You Thrive
Our headquarter is located in Potsdam at a lake, but our team works all over Europe. Bavarian mountains? Canary Islands? A little house at a lake? Booming Berlin?
Work With People You Actually Want To Work WithWorking At Komoot