Senior Web Developer - Node/ReactJS
Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures. Driven by a desire to explore, and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, it’s Komoot’s mission to inspire great adventures making them accessible to all. And we’re good at what we do: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times!
Today, with over 23 million users and 100,000 five-star reviews, Komoot is well on its way to becoming the most popular cycling and hiking app for people who love adventures worldwide.
Join our fully remote team and change the way people explore!
About the role
To make komoot.com the place to go for people around the world to plan their outdoor adventures, we’re looking for an ambitious web developer to join our fully remote team of 85+ people.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Develop end-to-end solutions including concept, road map planning, implementation, testing, deployment, and monitoring
- Team up with Evan and Ben to build a state-of-the-art web app on a growing team that serves over 4 million users per month
- Create web features on one of our cross-functional squads of backend developers, mobile developers, designers, copywriters, SEO, QA, data scientists, and product experts
- Release frequently with continuous builds, testing and direct team feedback
Why you will love it
- You’ll tangibly enable millions of people to plan and experience authentic outdoor adventures
- We believe good ideas count more than titles
- You’ll work from wherever you want as long as it’s in a timezone between UTC-1 and UTC+3, be it a beach, the mountains, your house, or a co-working space of your choice, covered by us
- You’ll work on challenging tasks, such as complex maps or community features in a highly interactive UI
- Your expert knowledge will make you a key player amongst a team of highly motivated, talented people
- You’ll travel together with our team (when safe & legal) to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides
- You’ll build and improve a service that we’re pretty sure you’ll end up using for your personal outdoor trips
You will be successful in this position if you
- Are highly self-driven, responsible and keen to learn and improve
- Love to develop awesome products with a focus on great user experience
- Have 2+ years of professional experience in developing high quality production ReactJS
- Know how to build scalable web apps with NodeJS and how to run them on cloud computing platforms like AWS
- Have experience with continuous integration, deployment and monitoring
- Are a great communicator in a diverse international and fully remote team
Sound like you?
We would like to hear from you! Please send us the following:
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot
- Examples of your work (e.g. GitHub, links, etc.)
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account, or your OpenStreetMap profile if you have one
Curious to find out more about our recruitment process?
- At komoot we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone. We support diversity and inclusivity within the outdoors and welcome all prospective applicants.
- We have a rolling recruitment process. If this role is online it means it’s still open. We’re accepting applications and actively looking for the perfect candidate. Is it you?
- Dedicated time and budget to spend on classes, events, conferences, boot camps, or books for your curiosity and personal development, you decide!
- Blinkist subscription and discounts with outdoor brands like Patagonia and Wahoo
- Flexible working hours and locations
- 3 all- expenses paid Company gatherings per year
- The latest devices and equipment
- And more!
Change the Way People Explore
Everybody at komoot is working towards this vision and we design our company to put as little as possible between you and bringing this vision to life.
Create With Purpose
Today, millions of people explore nature with our apps. Their experiences are what drives us and makes us smile everyday.
Work Wherever You Thrive
Our headquarter is located in Potsdam at a lake, but our team works all over Europe. Bavarian mountains? Canary Islands? A little house at a lake? Booming Berlin?
Work With People You Actually Want To Work WithWorking At Komoot