Senior Software Quality Assurance
Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures with its easy route planner. Driven by a love for nature and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, komoot helps you explore more of the great outdoors—wherever and however you want. And we're good at it. Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times. Today, with over 35 million users and 300,000 five-star reviews, we are well on our way to becoming the most popular app for finding, planning, and sharing adventures worldwide.
Join our remote-working team and start your adventure with komoot.
About the role
You’ve got a head for processes and an eye for detail, and you love being the first to test new features in the wild. As a member of komoot’s Quality Assurance team, you'll play a key role in delivering new, bug-free features to our users worldwide. We work in cross-functional squads, so you’ll work with a range of people from product managers and designers to developers and data analysts to test and bring new features into the world. You’ll help shape our quality practices with the rest of the QA team.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Perform functional, regression and exploratory tests, both indoors and outside, to ensure an exceptional user experience for komoot’s mobile (Android and iOS) apps and website
- Collaborate with product managers and designers in the discovery phase to refine features, review requirements, and write test cases
- Support and pair with developers providing test feedback on ongoing projects throughout the development process and raising quality awareness
- Keep an overview of bug reports, prioritise them in collaboration with the QA and Customer Support teams, and be an advocate for quality inside your squad
- Team up with Pedro, Willem, Steven and Daniela to streamline QA processes, enabling exceptional-quality feature delivery in fast development cycles
- Take ownership of quality from day one, by taking a continuous improvement approach to enhance the product’s quality
- Develop a strong and deep knowledge of the product’s domain
Why you will love it
- Your work will contribute to helping millions of people enjoy lovely outdoor experiences.
- We’ve been a remote-working company since 2017, meaning: We are remote by default, have frameworks and systems in place, and know how to do it well.
- You’ll become an essential part of our diverse and international team with colleagues based in 15+ countries across Europe.
- You can work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, your house, or anywhere else that lies in any time zone between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
- 38 paid days off (inclusive public holidays) – you are free to take those days whenever it suits you, including a well-deserved winter holiday break.
- We love seeing people grow. That's why each team member gets €2,000 and 3 additional days to spend on professional development each year. Classes, conferences, books – your choice!
- Costs covered for your co-working space membership or your work-from-home office setup and the latest devices and equipment to do your best work.
- Feel free to check out this interview between our QA Lead Pedro, and Daniel Knot to get a better understanding on how we do software testing at komoot
You'll be successful in this role if you
- Have proven experience (4+ years) testing and delivering high-quality Android, iOS and web apps
- Enjoy working closely with developers in defining how to test a feature
- Love to investigate the root cause of bugs with tools (e.g. Charles, AWS, Instabug) and document them with great detail
- Love to be a domain expert who understands every detail of a product and its impact on our users
- Have a technical mindset and an understanding of client-server architecture and APIs
- Are proficient writting BDD scenarios using Gherkin in a consistent and structured way
- Have strong analytical skills, sharp attention to detail and are highly self-driven and reliable
- Are a team player and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and no ego – we’re a team and have always achieved incredible results together
Not sure if you meet all requirements above? Don't sweat it – if you think you're the right person anyway, we'd love to hear from you!
Curious about how we work?
- Core Communication time between 10 am - 3 pm (Berlin Time). We know people have different lifestyles, which is why we have flexible working hours with core time for synchronous interaction. You can organize your workday in the way that best suits you, your family, and your needs.
- We work on a project basis in cross functional teams to ensure that we collaborate on our goals, move forward smoothly with open lines of communication, and achieve results as a team.
- Every Monday morning, we have a whole-company presentation where you hear about projects across the business, inspire each other, and share great work.
- We connect in person at three whole-company gatherings each year in beautiful locations. You can check out this playlist to find out more about how we stay close while being remote.
- We use tools like Trello, Slack, Miro, Zoom, and Google Drive on a daily basis to stay connected, collaborate easily, and manage projects.
Dive a little deeper and learn…
- More about our team here: Meet the Team
- More about how we work here: How We Work
- More about our recruitment process and FAQs here: FAQs
We support diversity and inclusivity and welcome all prospective applicants. We have an ongoing recruitment process (no deadlines) – if this role is online, it means it’s still open!
Make adventures accessible to all
Everybody at komoot is working towards this vision and we design our company to put as little as possible between you and bringing this vision to life.
Create With Purpose
Today, millions of people explore nature with our apps. Their experiences are what drives us and makes us smile everyday.
Work Wherever You Thrive
Our headquarter is located in Potsdam at a lake, but our team works all over Europe. Bavarian mountains? Canary Islands? A little house at a lake? Booming Berlin?
Work With People You Actually Want To Work WithWorking At Komoot