Bike Touring Highlight
Built in the 1840s, it is one of the oldest station buildings in Germany and was built in the late-Classicist style by Friedrich Neuhaus and Ferdinand Wilhelm Holz in 1884. The former station building is the only surviving one of the major Berlin terminal stations closed for passenger traffic and the traffic shifted to the neighboring Lehrter station.Since the beginning of the 20th century, the reception building has been used as a museum. It houses the Museum of Contemporary Art, which belongs to the Berliner Nationalgalerie and, with over 261,000 visitors (as of 2015), is one of the most successful contemporary art houses. Next to the exhibition rooms there is a bookstore and a restaurant run by Sarah Wiener in the building. In the meantime numerous other cultural uses have been settled. The building is now owned by CA Immo Deutschland (formerly Vivico). "
November 30, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.