The water from the vineyard spring, which dates back to 1700, was led in Teuchel pipes to the village well, today's deer well. When the pouring of the spring was no longer sufficient, the pond pipe was shut down and the spring water was collected in a trough.
In 1900 it was a superfluous iron trough on Botnanger Strasse.
The deer fountain has stood here since the 1930s and returned to its old location in 1978.
It was replaced by a simple concrete trough, which was optically adapted to the vineyard walls with sandstone cladding in 1991 by the WOGV.
September 9, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!