Mountain Biking Highlight
Documented the Knights seat in the 11th century in a document of the Abbey Kaiserswerth mentioned. The design of the old parts indicates the 12th century. 1769 was built on the site of the old castle, a new building in which the round tower, probably 1000 years old, were integrated with the pitched roof and the ring wall from the old system. After 1855 further extensions were made. The very compact plant is surrounded by a large forces, which is traversed by the small Hummelsbach. Access to the castle is today a sweeping staircase over the trees. The yard in front of it is fortified as a forecourt and consists of a gate with farm buildings.
Southwest of the castle is the simple hall construction of the forest church Linnep, which was consecrated in 1684 and is one of the oldest reformed new churches in the Rhineland. In addition, there is the half-timbered building of the former castle mill, which was built on Hummelsbach, was a long-time tavern and is today part of the riding stables behind it.
Since 2010 there is the possibility to conclude civil marriages in Linnep Castle. Castle Linnep can not be visited.
June 27, 2015
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!