Bike Touring Highlight
"Prince-Bishop Otto III, Count of Rietberg (1301-1306), had the Füchtelner mill built as Landesmühle, which belonged to Wasserburg Haus Füchteln, which was the headquarters of the Knights of Kukelshem.With the development of the Ruhr area in the 19th century, the watermill was also used as a sawmill.
In the course of the expansion of Stever, the Gelsenkirchen Waterworks has bought up the old mill building right to the Füchtelner mill including the existing facilities. In 1992, a residential building and a hydroelectric power plant were built in the old buildings.
November 27, 2015
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!