The castle, built between 1276 and 1289, is mentioned for the first time in a document from the year 1291. ...
The family of Landsberg remained castle or castle lord on the Ruhr until the genus died out in 1705 in the male line.In 1903, Ignatz Freiherr von Landsberg-Velen sold the castle, which had fallen into disrepair, with the associated forest to the industrialist August Thyssen, who relocated his residence from Mülnheim an der Ruhr to Landsberg following the implementation of radical reconstruction measures.After Thyssen's death on April 4, 1926 Schloss Landsberg was incorporated according to his will into the August Thyssen Foundation Schloss Landsberg, which pursued the goal of receiving the plant.In the course of its planned use as a meeting and seminar center of Thyssen AG, Schloss Landsberg was renovated and restored from 1989 to 1992 under the supervision of the Rheinische Amt für Denkmalpflege.
July 19, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!