Bike Touring Highlight
From the Güldenstern Bastion, a path leads through the Glacis in front of the Wall over the moat to one of the two surviving Ravelins, the 1669 Fuchsloch-Ravelin, and in 1823 Adolf-Ravelin, who was renamed after Adolf Friedrich, vice-king of Hanover. He is in spite of transformation to the no-longer-used open-air stage - in National Socialism, he should be "Thingplatz" - preserved in its basic form. West of Adolf-Ravelin a pedestrian bridge leads over the moat back to the Wall and the Wallgang, today's Pratjeweg. The Hohentorsbastion in front of it was removed for railway construction, the Hohentorsbrücke was rebuilt.Of the once imposing building fabric is little preserved - the remaining earthworks give an idea of what mighty fortress was in function here.Source:
July 4, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!