Bike Touring Highlight
In the 19th century, the Evangelical City Church was built to Karlsruhe and is now the preaching office of the Bishop of the Evangelical Church in Baden and thus the main church of the regional church. Over 150 steps you reach the 61.70 meter high bell tower. The 2.70 meter high angel on the top of the tower indicates where the wind is blowing from. The tower houses a large bells of five bells from the Bachert foundry in 1958 in the disposition as0-c1-es1-f1-as1.
June 30, 2019
The town church was built according to plans by Friedrich Weinbrenner and according to specifications of the Grand Duke Karl Friedrich of Baden as a cathedral church of the country Baden at the market place. The foundation stone of the church took place on June 8, 1807, the inauguration of the church was in 1816.During the Second World War, the church was heavily destroyed and then rebuilt under the direction of Horst Linde, outwardly based on original plans, inside modern. The new church was inaugurated on November 30, 1958 by the then Bishop of the Republic Julius Bender.The lower church originally served as the burial place of the Grand Ducal family. Therefore, it was also called the Grand Ducal Court Church. The coffins were transferred in 1946 to the mausoleum in the pheasant garden.
July 12, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!