Mountain Biking Highlight
The hilltop castle was first mentioned in 1336 in a charter by Ludwig the Bavarian, in which he promised her son-in-law, the margrave Frederick of Meissen, as a real estate loan, if the lineage of the Lords of Waldenburg dies without male heirs. At that time, the castle was much larger than today's plant. The castle rock enclosed a 180 m long ring wall, which took up an area of about 2000 m². On the ring wall both outside and inside buildings were blazed, in front of the ring wall was still a moat for protection.
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!