Mountain Biking Highlight
Augustinian Choir Pin (1314-1555) was located at the gates of Neunkirchen on the slope of Gugelberg already in 1355 a sacred grave chapel of modest dimensions.In 1623 the dilapidated chapel was demolished and rebuilt in its present form by Giovanni (Hans) Bonalino,the builder of numerous churches in the bishopric of Bamberg, also the cemetery church in Gößweinstein behind the basilica, the Holy Grave chapel is one of the first Fühbarocken church building in the bishopric of Bamberg and so of particular art historical importance. In 1628 she was solemnly consecrated by Auxiliary Bishop Förner. The bills of the then existing Holy Grave Chapel Foundation have been preserved since that time. One hundred years later in 1728 a major renovation took place. The now applied version of the interior goes back to findings on this period back.Information and reference: eo-bamberg.de/eob/dcms/sites/bistum/pfarreien/dekanate/forchheim/veit_dennert/info/heilig_grab_kapelle_neunkirchen.html
September 14, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.