Bike Touring Highlight
The Marienkirche in the Mecklenburg town Klütz is a brick Gothic church from the time of the transition from Romanesque to Gothic The city Klütz and its parish is mentioned in 1230 Ratzeburger Zehntregister, which lists the then belonging to the diocese of Ratzeburg villages listed. Although the Marienkirche church is typical of the area around Wismar, it is much larger than the rural churches in the villages that are otherwise to be found in Mecklenburg. The reason lies in the importance of the patch for the environment in Klützer angle, whose forests were already pledged in 1188 by Kaiser Barbarossa documentary the city of Lübeck as a wood reserve for shipbuilding and shipbuilding.
The structure consists of a three-aisled hall as a central part of three Jochen under cross vaults behind a square west tower from more recent times. The tower has the width of the central nave. The strangely elongated choir consists of two nearly square rectangles. In 1701, vaults were newly drawn under the old original vaults.
Facilities include the baroque altar from the early 18th century, the richly carved Renaissance pulpit from 1587 with the arms of Mecklenburg noble families and the Roman stalls from the early 15th century. An old gothic baptismal font found in the churchyard in 1844 is in contrast to a richly carved baptism of the late renaissance, whose case dates from 1653. Friedrich Wilhelm Winzer created in 1871 the two-manual organ with 20 stops.unsere-kirchengemeinde-imkluetzerwinkel.de/verzeichnis/visitenkarte.php?mandat=180443
August 27, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!