Bike Touring Highlight
The listed two-storey Gothic building is one of the oldest town halls in central Germany and its core dates back to the beginning of the 14th century. The first documentary mention is from 1310. The town hall was built at the intersection of two commercial streets.
The building presents itself as a stone building. It is 25 meters wide and 17 meters high. It is partly plastered. The eastern outer wall of the town hall is at an angle to the building, following the course of the wide street that joins the market there. The town hall is covered by a steep gable roof. The facade of the town hall is lush with ivy. The appearance of the building is also characterized by the traditional window boxes in front of the windows, which were originally used to cultivate herbs in order to improve the air in the offices.
May 29, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.