Typical small version of concrete bunker from 1937. Object of this type were inserted between bigger fortresses and were equipped by two machine guns served by 7 soldiers. The concrete wall (visible on the photo) is turned towards the border (expected enemy) and is normally covered by rocks, stones and ground to protect the bunker against direct shots. This protective cover was removed by German army around 1940 to test anti-concrete shells against the concrete wall. The damage visible was caused by this testing.
December 11, 2014
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!