Die Margarethen-Klause und die Parkanlage Odendahl

Bike Touring Highlight

Recommended by 4 out of 5 cyclists

Tips

  • Commission luxembourgeoise pour la coopération avec l’UNESCO

    At the foot of the impressive fortress "Fort Obergrünewald", the Musée 3 Eechelen and the Museum of Modern Art "MUDAM", and not far from the railway viaduct is the former Maragarethenklause.
    Its origins date back to the early 13th century. back.
    The former chapel under Count Mansfeld in the 16th century. is built is used today for residential purposes.
    Below the Bockfelsen and on the banks of the Alzette, lies Luxembourg's youth hostel.
    An inscription in the garden of the plant commemorates Goethe's stay in Luxembourg, 1792.
    The bike path now leads to the former mustard mill "Muerbelsmillen".
    The visitor passes the former Holy Spirit Monastery (1690).
    The monastery was built in the 19th century. used industrially, and since 1842 serves as a hospice of the city of Luxembourg.
    The organ of the monastery church was protected in 2002 as an art monument.
    -------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------
    The former mustard factory was in operation between 1922 and 1985.
    However, the origins of the "Muerbelsmillen" date back to 1083.
    The tour starts at the big waterwheel.
    On the first floor, where once mustard seeds were ground, the entire mill plant has been preserved.
    Historical film clips show the work in the mill.
    -------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------
    The path now leads to the park Odendahl, on the banks of the Alzette.
    The name Odendahl is reminiscent of a family of greengrocers who lived on N ° 16 in Rue Vauban.

    translated byView Original
    • April 3, 2019

  • Commission luxembourgeoise pour la coopération avec l’UNESCO

    At the foot of the impressive fortress "Fort Obergrünewald", the Musée 3 Eechelen and the Museum of Modern Art "MUDAM", and not far from the railway viaduct is the former Maragarethenklause. Its origins date back to the early 13th century. back. The former chapel under Count Mansfeld in the 16th century. is built is used today for residential purposes.Below the Bockfelsen and on the banks of the Alzette, lies Luxembourg's youth hostel. An inscription in the garden of the plant commemorates Goethe's stay in Luxembourg, 1792. The cycle path now leads to the former mustard mill "Muerbelsmillen". The visitor passes the former Holy Spirit Monastery (1690). The monastery was built in the 19th century. used industrially, and since 1842 serves as a hospice of the city of Luxembourg. The organ of the monastery church was protected in 2002 as an art monument.
    -------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------
    The former mustard factory was in operation between 1922 and 1985. However, the origins of the "Muerbelsmillen" date back to 1083. The tour starts at the big waterwheel. On the first floor, where once mustard seeds were ground, the entire mill plant has been preserved. Historical film clips show the work in the mill.
    -------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------
    The path now leads to the park Odendahl, on the banks of the Alzette. The name Odendahl is reminiscent of a family of greengrocers who lived on N ° 16 in Rue Vauban.

    translated byView Original
    • April 4, 2019

  • gremlins420

    Musée 3 Eechelen and Museum of Modern Art
    "MUDAM" with a beautiful view of the old town

    translated byView Original
    • August 8, 2019

In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!

Top Touring Cycling Routes to Die Margarethen-Klause und die Parkanlage Odendahl

Location: Luxembourg Canton, Luxemburg

Information

  • Elevation260 m

Most Visited During

  • Jan
  • Feb
  • Mar
  • Apr
  • May
  • Jun
  • Jul
  • Aug
  • Sep
  • Oct
  • Nov
  • Dec

Weather Forecast - Luxembourg Canton