Road Cycling Highlight
The bridge between Duisburg-Rheinhausen and Duisburg-Hochfeld was opened in 1950. It was named "Bridge of Solidarity" on January 20, 1988 during the month-long protests against the closure of the Krupp steelworks in Rheinhausen, when 50,000 workers from 60 huts demonstrated on the bridge.
The Bridge of Solidarity replaces the Admiral-Graf-Spee-Bridge opened in 1936 and blown up in the war.
Source and further information: de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Br%C3%BCcke_der_Solidarit%C3%A4t
March 14, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!