The village Dollendorf Blankenheim is located in the Kalkeifel, the so-called "Dollendorfer Kalkmulde". 2 km north is the district Schloßthal with the ruins Dollendorf. In the northwest of the district extends a large part of juniper nature reserve Lampertstal.
Towards Schloßthal lies the Antonius Feldkapelle on a small hill. It was built in 1701 by Maximilian Philipp, Count of Manderscheid, Blankenheim and Falkenstein.
Two beautiful Doric columns, next to each of which the figures of St. Sebastian and Rochus stand in a niche, flank the entrance. On a white stone tablet above the portal an inscription from the foundation of the chapel by the count reports. In 2013, the chapel was extensively renovated. Simultaneously with the construction of the chapel, Count Maximilian Philipp had the seven footfalls erected on the road between Dollendorf and Schloßthal, which at that time existed with ash trees.
February 26, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.