The Seepferd Fountain was created from 1709 to 1716 by Gabriel Grupello for the Schwetzingen Palace Gardens and moved to the west wing of the Karlsruhe Palace Gardens in 1824.To protect the fountain from vandalism, it was mined in 1994 and two copies made of epoxy resin. The original fountain stands in the lapidarium of the palace park in Schwetzingen. In 1996, one of the copies was placed at the original locations in the palace gardens in Karlsruhe and Schwetzingen.
February 19, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!