The Nikolaikirche was a parish church in the north of the old town of Erfurt. It was first mentioned in documents in 1013 and demolished in 1747, after being severely damaged in a fire in 1744. Only the tower remained, which is why it is also called the Nikolaiturm.
Built in 1360/61, the Nikolaiturm, on whose ground floor the Elisabethkapelle is located, is one of the oldest and most valuable art and cultural objects in Erfurt. The Nikolaikirche was a bridgehead church of the Lehmann bridge, which was first mentioned in 1182. Even today, the connecting areas to the church in the form of uneven walls and door openings are recognizable in the area of the north facade of the tower (Wikipedia).
December 27, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.