The Schillerhaus is located on today's Schillerstraße 12, the former "Esplanade", which was built after the dismantling of the old Weimar fortifications between 1760 and 1765. In 1801 the house was acquired by English writer and translator Charles Mellish of Blyth, who sold it to Schiller in March 1802 (Wikipedia).
December 15, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!