The history of the district court Lüneburg began on 1 October 1852.
At this time, the law on the constitution of the Kingdom of Hanover of 8 November 1850 entered into force.
In 1945, the courts and the district court Lüneburg were temporarily closed completely. After the reopening in 1945, the District Court Lüneburg had five judges, which were responsible for a population of 60,000 citizens.
The first civil case was negotiated after the war on 19 November 1945.
The spatial accommodation of the district court Lüneburg has changed several times since 1852. It was housed after the dissolution of the city court Lüneburg for October 1, 1852 in two buildings.
This building was built in 1849 and was then called "Hertogen-Hus". After the establishment there moved the control of the Dukes of Brunswick / Lüneburg, the Landdrostei. It was not until about 1885 that the building became the seat of the district president.
December 6, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.