Bike Touring Highlight
The "New Church" was built 1676-1683 on the foundation remains of the 1581 burned St. Boniface's Church as a baroque hall with surrounding, three-story gallery.
From 1703 to 1707 Johann Sebastian Bach had his first organist position here, followed by his cousin Johann Ernst Bach until 1728.
In 1935, the "New Church" was renamed "Johann Sebastian Bach Church" (Wikipedia).
November 14, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.