Bike Touring Highlight
Originally, a barrier wall was built according to the Intze principle in the village Wefelsen. After its inauguration on October 8, 1898, the dam had a capacity of 3.3 million m³. It was the first industrial water dam of the Wuppergebietes. After being expanded in 1938, it holds 23.7 million m³. The old barrier wall was removed in the upper area and built a much larger dam further south. This is a Steinschüttdamm with a steel inner seal. For more see de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bevertalsperre
November 12, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!