The Haidenweiher is first documented in 1691. With about 30 hectares of water, it is the second largest pond in the Westerwald Lake District and is used today for Satzfischaufzucht. About his drainage ditch, he is in contact with the Dreifelder pond. Since 1979, the Haidenweiher has been designated as a nature reserve.The Haidenweiher was not always surrounded by closed forest areas. His name indicates the state of the landscape at its time of origin. At that time and until the 19th century, large patches of heath joined the pond. They had developed on former woodland in the course of a centuries-long pasture grazing by the neighboring communities.de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haidenweiher
November 5, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.