Bike Touring Highlight
Wernstein is first mentioned in documents in the 12th century and was built by the Counts of Formbach in 1126 as Vorwerk of Neuburg. On Wernstein was never an independent noble family resident, but the rule was always managed by castle governors of Neuburg. The fortress ruined castle was extensively renovated in the years 1991 to 1993. Now it is privately owned by the family of Ernst Dietrich and not publicly available.
May 10, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!