Mountain Biking Highlight
The castle Dätzingen characterizes the center of the district Dätzingen. It originated from a former brother house of the Johanniterordens, which already in the year 1263 is mentioned. In 1607, the first building of the castle was finally built. In 1733, this building was extended to a four-winged building enclosing a courtyard. Owned by the Order of Malta, the castle was the residence of the Commendatore in the 18th century. Only in 1806 Dätzingen and the castle came to the Kingdom of Württemberg.In 1810, King Friedrich gave the Johanniterschloss to his favorite Count Carl Ludwig von Dillen. After marriage it came later to the Prussian family of Bülow, before it acquired the community in 1961. This was from 1962 to 1967 renovate the castle, which is now a cultural center with a museum and houses art and antiques.
More information at: stuttgart-tourist.de/a-schloss-daetzingen
October 26, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!