Road Cycling Highlight
A striking part of the half-timbered houses, which was erected on the foundations of the former city wall, is the remaining round tower of the city fortification erected after 1352. Originally the bailiff lived here. This circumstance gave the tower the name "Büttelturm". From 1795 the building served as a synagogue (Betstube). It was devastated during the Pogrom Night on 9 November 1938. The half-timbered houses on both sides of the tower date back to the 17th and 18th centuries. The renovation took place in the early 1980s. In 1983 a wine bar opened in the tower with adjoining half-timbered house.hofheim.de/tourismus/Sehenswertes_in_Hofheim/Burggrabenzeile_mit_Tuermchen/index.php
October 26, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.