Mayschoss is dominated by the mighty castle rock of the Saffenburg, probably the oldest fortification of the Ahr valley. From the formerly mighty castle today only remainders are to be recognized, which let recognize however the old plant still.
In the parish church, built in 1908, is located next to the remains of the Baroque furnishings from the monastery Marienthal the tomb of Countess Catherine of the Mark (1647). The Tumba, made of black Belgian marble, shows the beautiful portrait figure of the deceased Countess. The village of Mayschoß with its wooded heights in the midst of the sometimes very steep vineyard slopes is one of the undisputed scenic highlights of the Ahr valley.
October 22, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!