Road Cycling Highlight
The today's chapel place was formerly an important way branch. In the 16th century, a picture booth stood here. This was the hl. Wendelin (patron saint of farmers) and hl. Leonhard consecrated, which were represented as sculptures. These figures date from 1515 and are now placed in the "Old Sacristy" of the basilica. On April 27, 1678, the laying of the cornerstone for the chapel took place. The new chapel was built in 1885, with a simple plaster construction and the baroque portal of the abbey church from 1722.
October 16, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!