Road Cycling Highlight
The Peace Church is a Protestant church in the district of Hanover Kesselstadt. The neo-Gothic church was built in 1904 to a design by Heinrich Jassoy. The church is located on the hill Lindenrain on the Philippsruher Allee, which connects the Hanau city center with Kesselstadt and runs along the Main. The Lindenrain lying below the former church on the banks of the Main was a largely flood-proof area and settled at an early age.
In addition to Celtic settlement remains of the pre-Roman Iron Age and a large Roman stone fort, traces of an early medieval settlement from the 8th and 9th centuries were found here. For the first time in 1275 a church in this place is mentioned in a document, there is also the place name "Kesselstatt" called. The archaeological findings for the Romanesque building can be narrowly limited in time - between the 10th and the 12th century. Around 1470/1471, the Romanesque church was extended. It served in the following years until 1904 as a church of the village Kesselstadt. Since the village Kesselstadt belonged to the county of Hanau-Münzenberg, which changed in the Reformation denomination, his church was also Protestant.
The church tower height is 49.5 m. The tower houses four bells, tuned in the tones d, e, g and a. The weight of the Vater-Unser-bell is 650 kg, that of the honor bell 2000 kg. The church clock is also from the year 1904. It is thus the only remaining fully mechanical tower clock in Hanau. She has to be raised by hand twice a week.de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedenskirche_(Hanau)
October 4, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.