Bike Touring Highlight
The orangery in Kassel was built below or around 400 m south of the former city palace near the western Fuldauf under Landgrave Karl between 1703 and 1711. Since then it forms the northern beginning of the Karlsaue.On the site of today's Orangerie Castle and the Hessenkampfbahn located in front of it, a walled palace garden was laid out by Wilhelm IV in 1568, with a small pleasure palace at the southern end. His successor Landgrave Moritz redesigned the garden in the early 17th century.Further information: de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orangerie_(Kassel)
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!