Bike Touring Highlight
Since 1221 a church is mentioned in a document. It was a stone church and was too small. On the initiative of the pastor Bernhard Heinrich Topp, the new church was built in 1815-1818, by court architect Major August Reinking.In 1835-1837, the west tower was rebuilt by Josef Alexander Niehaus from Haseldünne.1890 - 1892 the nave was raised, a choir capsule was added and two flanking choir towers added, according to plans by Hilger Hertel d. Ä ..Overall, a coherent overall picture succeeded.more accurate:
September 24, 2018
St. Gertrud is the Roman Catholic parish church of the Lower Saxon town of Lohne in the Oldenburg Münsterland region, which is under the patronage of St. Gertrud. The parish of the same name is assigned to this church. The church offers space for 1000 believers.
June 14, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!