Road Cycling Highlight
The Evangelical Church in Großsachsen, a district of Hirschberg on the mountain road in the Rhine-Neckar district in the northwest of Baden-Wuerttemberg, was built in the 18th century in Baroque style. The church stands at an elevated point in the center of Großsachsen. After the devastation of the Thirty Years' War, Hohensachsen, Großsachsen and Leutershausen were united in one parish. The church in Großsachsen was destroyed by the French during the Dutch war in 1674. It was repaired, but replaced in 1724 by a new building by F. Born, preserving the tower and the archway. But only ten years later, the dilapidated tower collapsed after a strong storm. Between 1760 and 1762 the present tower was built on the old foundations. The characteristic onion dome of the tower became the landmark of the community.de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evangelische_Kirche_(Großsachsen)
September 23, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!