The St. Josef Catholic Church is located at the intersection of Ringstrasse and Heiligenhauser Strasse. The parish once belonged to the original parish of Mintard. For the constantly growing Catholic community, the construction of this church began in 1934 according to a design by Emil Jung. The church tower was only completed in 1952. Inside there is a Romanesque font and beautiful colored glass windows by Georg Wendling. The Granite Age was designed by Karl Franke. The half-timbered house (attested since 1417) next to the church used to belong to Hugenpoet Castle; today it is parish.essener-ruhrperlen.de/kettwig/kirchen/katholische-kirche-st-josef
September 13, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!