Mountain Biking Highlight
The monastery was founded in 1189 as a Cistercian monastery and continued in 1699 by the Franciscan Minorites.For more details, see the history of Wikipedia at Wikipedia:
September 12, 2018
There is something special on the two side altars in the monastery church:
Relics of two Roman martyrs named Victor and Antonin, who lived in the 3rd century, have been buried here since 1704.
More interesting information can be found at wallfahrt.bistum-wuerzburg.de/wallfahrtsorte/region-main-spessart/schoenau
May 22, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!